Assisting companies and banks on employment issues in the context of acquisitions/disposals
We usually assist multinational companies and banks handle complex employment issues in the context of acquisitions/disposals (pre and post-transaction strategies). Employment is always a key point in negotiations and the transfer of employees is subject to special laws in Monaco (TUPE-type regulations).
We also help on more classic employment management with specific Monaco national preference rules on hirings, dismissals and terminations (individual and collective) as well as non-competition clauses, secondments etc.
- Banking Law and Transactional Regulatory Advice
- Private Banking, Financial Services and Wealth Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and Corporate Governance
- Financing and Secured Lending
- Data Protection
- Franchising and Business Expansion Systems
- Sports Law
- Real Estate and Development Projects
- Insurance Law
- Corporate Tax
- Environmental and Public Law
- Advertising, Distribution and Consumer Law
- Employment and Labor Law
We regularly assist clients on:
- Drafting employment agreements and assisting in the hiring process.
- Advising on termination (including settlements, collective redundancies and use of “Monaco article 6”).
- Setting up employee incentive plans/share plans and advising on vesting procedures.
- Drafting mandatory internal procedures (“Règlement intérieur”).
- Works councils and employee representatives notification procedures and assisting on process.
- Advising on employment issues and transfer of employees pre and post-acquisition.
- Advising on remuneration regulatory rules and Management remuneration structures.
- Setting up whistle blowing procedures.
- Drafting termination/social plans and coordination with Monaco Labour authorities.