Advising on Data Protection transactional and ongoing compliance
Processing personal data in Monaco, including data transfer abroad, is either subject to notification or to prior authorisation from the Monaco Commission de Contrôle des Informations Nominatives (CCIN). Monaco is in the process of being recognised as offering an “adequate level of protection” for data protection purposes.
- Banking Law and Transactional Regulatory Advice
- Private Banking, Financial Services and Investment/Wealth Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and Corporate Governance
- Financing and Secured Lending
- Data Protection
- Franchising and Business Expansion Systems
- Sports Law
- Real Estate and Development Projects
- Insurance Law
- Corporate Tax
Our Firm has a recognized expertise on Data Protection and regularly advises on:
- Reviewing data protection policies and privacy solutions/guidelines.
- Drafting all necessary filings of declaration or authorisation.
- Data protection compliance audits and assessment with emphasis on banks and investment firms, including areas of professional secrecy and statutory restrictions.
- Drafting internal compliance procedures.
- Preparing agreements in connection with the transfer of data, safe harbours and BCRs.